Sunday, April 4, 2010

vivil rights

Today marks the 42nd anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Growing up we learned a lot about Dr. King and his life. I wonder if children today really know and appreciate the work and sacrifices that Dr. Kings and others made for us. So that we would be able to attend schools, and sit anywhere we want on a bus, train, or participate on anything we choose. I think that many of us take these things foregranted. There are those who believe that we are entitled. I think that this is sad. However, noone asked me. I for one am thankful to Dr. King and many others that fought for me to be able to attend any school, or university of my choice. I am also thankful for the fact that I live in the United states. Its not a perfect country. However, we are very lucky to live here. So RIP Dr. King and thank you for what you have done. Thank you to all of those that also had the courage to say this isn't right. Then took that courage and bravery and did something to change the wrongs into rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment