Sunday, October 18, 2009

A lesson before dying review

A lesson before dying.
I have read things that made me sad, angry and or laugh out loud. I have even read things that had me do all of the emotions that I mentioned. This is the case with A lesson before dying.
This book tells a story of two men who have led two different lives.
Their paths cross when one is sent to the electric chair.
Gran is the schoolteacher asked by the godmother of Jefferson the condemned man to teach him to die like a man.
This story is very riveting. It will have you feeling a plethora of emotions. It made me angry, then made me laugh, and then it made me cry. No matter how many times I read this book I am moved , and learn something new from the book, about the characters, and about myself each time
What I have learned from this book is that being a teacher is more than teaching subjects for school. It is the fact that you teach throughout life. I also learned that we are always learning something new each day.
I would give this book a 10. Now to start reading something less emotionally charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment