Sunday, October 25, 2009

After the Fire: A True Story of Friendship and Survival

This book is amazing. I experienced a wealth of diferent emotions. Many of those emotions were due to the fact that I grew up in the area of the seton hall fire that is the focus of this book. I comtimplated transferring to Seton hall. This story will make you cry and make you cherish your friends and become thankful for your own life anf for your family.
I learned that friendship and family are two important parts of life. And never to take life or anyone important foregranted.
Finally, the Seton hall fire occurred a month and two days after I was treated in the saint bernanis hospital ER. and Burn unit. I was burned in a fire at my parents home in Vauxhall new jersey, which is only five or more minutes away. I interacted with many of the nurses and techs in the burn unit. I also witnessed many other patients being treated like myself. There were others who were more serious than I. But you can tell that the team in the burn unit really cared and are dedicated to their patients.
This book is one of my favorites. Its because it touched me in so many ways and I could picture the places that were mentioned, and I could feel the frustration and the anger that the characters in this true story experienced. I hope that the two young men who set the fire will end up serving their full sentences. I hope that they will someday reallize how their actions caused so much pain.
I give this book 10.0. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment