Sunday, November 1, 2009

Book review

I just finished the book south abroad by Pat conroy. It was really good. I didn't predict a lot of the twists and turns that the story took. The narrator is named Leo. His friends call him Toad. The story begins in the 60's. The story goes through the 90's. If I remember correctly. It follows Leo, and his friends from their meeting in high school until he has experienced a nervous breakdown and recovers from it. His recovery is a new beginning for him and his friends. But the new beginning effects him more than any of his friends. This story has tragedy, celebration, forgiveness, and a little bit of rebirth in it.
I highly recommend this book. I was reminded why I am a fan of Conroy's. My rating is 9.5. Hope that you will enjoy this book just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment